- Always tell someone where you are going for a run and how long you plan to be, having a find your friend app really helps put everyone's mind at ease too.
- Build up slowly and don't over do it, I started training a year before using the couch to 5k app.
- Consider a seizure alarm, I have an Embrace epilepsy monitor and it has been great running.
- Make sure you don't run if you are unwell, haven't eaten or didn't sleep well the night before especially if these are triggers for you.
- Try mindfulness exercises to help reduce anxiety and help with pre-race nerves.
- Make sure you are very visible so lots of high-vis clothing and lights for the dark winter nights.
- Make sure you have water and fuel (gels or sweets) with you specially when running longer distances.
Don’t miss your chance to connect with bloggers on the #LivingWellChat on June 30 at 7PM ET.