Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Bake (my own creation!)
Cook chicken in a pan with some chopped onion or leek until cooked through. Then add cream and some chicken stock (home made or baby stock) and bring to boil.
Meanwhile cook some broccoli and cauliflower in a pan until soft and cook some pasta. Combine all ingredients and put in a oven proof dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and put in oven (at about 180) until it browns on top.
Fruity Lamb (Net Mums)
- ½ a potato, peeled and diced
- ½ a tin of chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 100g minced lamb
- 5 dried apricots
- ½ an onion, chopped
- Squirt of tomato paste
- ½ a teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Sprinkle of rosemary
- Little vegetable oil (optional)
Add the garlic, rosemary, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, potato and apricots. Add a cup of water, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes. Puree to a desired consistency.
Braised Beef with Sweet Potatoe (Annabel Karmel)
- 20 g/3⁄4 oz butter or margarine
- 1 leek, washed and sliced (approx. 150 g/5 oz)
- 125 g/41⁄2 oz braising steak, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 g/4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 275 g/10 oz sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 250 ml/8 fl oz chicken stock (homemade or low salt versions suitable for babies)
- juice of 1 orange (about 120 ml/4 fl oz)
Roll the meat in the flour, add to the leek and sauté until browned. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato, stock and orange juice.
Bring to the boil and transfer to an oven preheated to 180oC/350oF/Gas 4 for 11⁄4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
Blend to the desired consistency using as much of the cooking liquid as necessary.
Sweet Potato, Spinach and Peas (Annabel Karmel)
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- a knob of butter
- 50 g/2 oz leeks, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g/51⁄2 oz sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 150 g/51⁄2 oz potato, peeled and chopped
- 200 ml/7 fl oz boiling water
- 40 g/11⁄2 oz fresh spinach
- 40 g/11⁄2 oz frozen peas
- 40 g/11⁄2 oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
Add the sweet potato and potato and pour over the boiling water. Cook, covered, for 9 minutes. Add the spinach and peas and cook for 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the grated Cheddar cheese until melted. Puree in a blender. If necessary, you can thin the puree with a little milk.
One Pot Creamy Pasta
- Chicken Stock (you can buy it made up in Waitrose and it's low salt)
- Aspharagus (or another vegetable e.g. carrot)
- Cream cheese
- Sundried Tomatoes (contains some salt so leave out for smaller babies)