My marathon idea may have to go on hold for a while. It suddenly dawned on me that if I did have a seizure it could still ruin things...
I've mentioned it before but we are going to America next March, which is going to be amazing. But I have recently started thinking about the practical side of it. One of the things I need to consider is travel insurance. It's going to be more expensive than everyone elses anyway, that's just the way it is... but when I was first diagnosed we had to cancel our family holiday to America because the insurance company refused to cover me at all.
If I have a seizure it could really effect things, I may not be able to ski as they may not allow me to have winter sports cover or even worse they may not insure me at all. So I think just to be safe I will wait til we get home. I truely do want to run the Marathon, it's been one of my major goals in life, I don't want epilepsy to stop me from reaching my goals. But hopefully I'll be around quite a few more years so I have time!
Just thought I'd leave you with a photo of where we are going on holiday. It's a photo of when I went there as a child. It's why I find California so amazing and why I can't wait to show Riley real snow!
Post a Comment