In 2012 Epilepsy Action held a weekend full of talks and workshops relating to all areas of epilepsy and they are doing it again this year...
People with epilepsy and their families are invited to take part in our ‘weekend for all’ event. It’s the perfect opportunity to get away, relax and have fun while learning more about epilepsy and meeting other people and families affected by the condition.
People will have time to hear from professionals, ask all their questions in an unhurried and relaxed atmosphere and make their own networks and contacts for the future. There will be workshops, creative and learning sessions and games and activities.
It's going to be held at Baden-Powell House, South Kensington
People can attend on one or both days, stay overnight or travel daily as long as they book appropriately in advance.
It looks really good and I maybe helping to run a workshop for women thinking of having a family, are pregnant or have young children... will hopefully be a great way to set up some sort of network so we can all meet each other and help support more women. If you're interested in coming along you can book tickets at the link below...
They are also looking for people to be involved in helping out at the event be it helping to set up etc or sharing experiences. They are also looking for proffesionals who can spare their time to give information and support to many people with Epilepsy... they are looking for the following professionals:
- Epilepsy Specialist Nurses
- Doctors with an interest in epilepsy, particularly Neurologists specialising in epilepsy
- Surgeons experienced in epilepsy surgery
- Technicians working in MRI and other scanning in prep for epilepsy surgery
- Psychologists with an interest in epilepsy
- Occupational and Physiotherapists
- Relaxation and Massage Therapists
- Craft Workers
- Youth Workers
- People with epilepsy willing to share their experiences
- Volunteers willing to give their time to look after our delegates and professionals on this weekend