Tuesday 18 February 2014

Be careful what you wish for!

A while back I think I talked about how I wish I had an warning before a seizure, that it would allow me to make sure I was safe and more importantly make Riley feel safe.

I have realised this is one of those situations where you should be careful what you wish for...

The last seizure I had, I remember that I felt 'funny'.  But because of the seizure affecting my memory I can't remember what that feeling was...

So now I am in the situation where I may sometimes I feel 'funny' before, but it may not have been linked to the seizure.  But because I can't remember what that feeling was, every time I feel a bit funny I think, 'am I going to have a seizure?' But because I don't want to stop what I am doing because it most probably isn't the feeling and so nothing will happen... I end up just silently worrying!

It is a strange situation to be in, but strangely I have been chatting to someone else whose epilepsy is very similar to mine and she feels the same... I guess knowing you're not alone helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment