Thursday 18 September 2014

Our little Welsh getaway

We managed to get away for a week to Wales.  We were really lucky with the weather; it didn’t rain the whole week we were away which was fantastic.  It was just so lovely to have some family time doing the things we love together.


We went back to Porthmadog where we went with my Grandad when I was just pregnant so it was a really special trip.  Some of you may be reading this without my back story so just a quick recap.  When I was 4 weeks pregnant I had a tonic-clonic seizure.  The week after we went away to Wales with my Grandad to explore where he used to go on holiday as a child.  I was very close to my Grandad and sadly he passed away 2 weeks before Riley was born which made the first few months quite difficult.

But our week there was amazing, we explored the beach and as Riley loves to tell everyone ‘caught crabs’! But seriously crabbing was so fun, I don’t know why I’d never done it before.  Just a tip, crabs love frankfurter sausages (not pepperami though).

I’ll let the photos tell the rest of the story :)


Getting the train to the top of the mountain




Roar!!!!!


 Fun at the beach





Riley loves animals




CRAFTY IDEA: We collected shells from Shell Island and made little presents to take home to everyone (just remember to boil the shells before you stick them together so they don't smell!).


Angel rays as Riley plays on Black Rock Sands, I'd like to think it's Grandad looking down on us enjoying the place he used to enjoy as a child.


And you can't go to the seaside without having an ice cream treat... yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment