Monday 9 January 2012

18 weeks ~ Christmas


I had had a wonderful Christmas with my family, for the first year in a long time Rich and his brother were together and we spent Christmas day as one big happy family.  I had started to feel a lot better, stopped being sick and started eating properly again, I still didn’t fancy chocolate but at least I was eating proper meals again.  It had really started to sink in that I was pregnant and next Christmas we were going to have a little person to share it with, this was our last Christmas just the two of us.  That was both very exciting and very scary at the same time.

On that note Rich and I decided we wanted to get away and go on holiday just the two of us as it could be our last chance.  We didn’t have a lot of money so we settled on going to the Isle of Wight.  I had never been before and we decided to try a B&B we found online.  I have to admit when we turned up I was a little concerned, there was no B&B sign and I really thought we had been scammed.  But as we knocked on the door we were greeted by a wonderful couple, Tania and Peter, they were so welcoming and the house was amazing, it was like staying in a 5 star hotel but in someone’s house (and a lot cheaper!).  We would go out and explore the Isle of Wight together each day (and being January the days weren’t very long and it was very cold) but on returning Tania would have made up Tea and amazing homemade cakes, she seemed to go above and beyond to make us feel so at home.  We would spend the rest of the afternoon chatting to them, by the end of the 4 days we were there we felt like part of the family.  It was just what we needed and we left feeling refreshed and very positive.  We had managed to do so much, from the beginning I was determined not to let being pregnant stop me from doing all the things I wanted to do, obviously there were some limitations but I didn’t want to be the sort of person who uses pregnancy as an excuse to sit around and do nothing but complain about how aweful it was.  Plus having stopped being sick all the time I was feeling really good, the only thing I really longed for was to feel baby move but I knew it was quite normal not to feel baby move until at least 20weeks so I wasn’t worrying yet, just wishing…

No comments:

Post a Comment