Wednesday 23 April 2014

All change on the meds front...

Ok so now it’s definitely going to happen… 2 seizures in 3 months is not good for me. A med change is inevitable.  I know I could just call my epilepsy nurse and we could start the transition to Keppra straight away, but that just seems such a light way to make a huge change.  

I feel I need to discuss it with my consultant, I don’t know why really, I guess I just have lots of questions and would rather ask them face to face.  How long will it take? (I know the answer will be we don’t know) What happens if I get side effects? Is Keppra even the only option? The list goes on and on…

I guess the truth of the matter is I’m really anxious about it all, I mean 10 years of being on 1 drug, at least I know where I am with Lamotrigine.  I’m worried Keppra is going to change me and I won’t know it.

Anyway at the moment I’m trying not to think about it too much, the sun is out and I’m just going to enjoy it.  My appointment is at the beginning of June so after that I know there will be challenges to face but for now I’m going to try not to worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment