Thursday 31 October 2013

Epilepsy Weekend ~ Mixed Feelings

Well it's the Epilepsy Action weekend for all in 2 days time.  I'm really looking forward to it but at the same time I'm a little bit nervous...

I've written something for the 15minute presentation I'm giving on my experiences and that's the bit I think I'm most nervous about, but hopefully it will go well.  I think I'm also a bit nervous about spending the weekend away from Riley, it will be the first night I have spent away from her and that comes with mixed feelings, it will be nice to have a whole 2 days doing something for me but at the same time I know I will miss her...

But the most exciting bit is that hopefully I'll meet lots of women thinking of being mum's, women who are pregnant and new mum's and will be able to start up some sort of network for mum's to support each other.  That's the plan but even just meeting a few women will be fantastic and I think I'm going to learn a lot from the midwife, consultant and epilepsy nurse, so that is exciting too.

I'm also going to be representing Youth Health Talk (which I have spoken about in one of my recent posts) but also the Brain Injury Hub which is the information resource which I am involved in at work.  I have never really talked much about the specifics of my job but I work for a charity called The Children's Trust which is supports children with brain injury and their families.  One of the services they provide is the Brain Injury Hub, an online parents resource, and I am the online community coordinator for that.


There are workshops for young people with epilepsy and a creche at the weekend and so there maybe parents whose child has had a brain injury and suffers from epilepsy because of it. If premoting the hub there only helps one parent it is worth taking the information and talking to people about it.

This will be my last post before the weekend so I will let you know how it goes next week.  Hopefully I might meet a few of you who have been reading my blog.  The one thing I can't believe is how many people want to read my story and hear what I have to say on Twitter and I just want to say thank you so much for all your support and helping to spread information and support to as many women as possible.

1 comment: