Tuesday 22 October 2013

Youth Heath Talk


I've never really talked about Youth Health Talk and it's a website I believe is really making a difference and something I have been involved in for a while now.


It is a website made up of clips of young people talking about there experiences of health conditions, it aims to be a resource that tells people the fact around conditions in a real way giving people a better understanding of what it's like to actually live with a condition.

I first got involved when I was interviewed for an epilepsy module (see if you can find me!). I then was asked to be on the youth panel which helped shape the website giving ideas for new modules and the website design.

It's about to be relaunched which will be exciting.  There's also a site aimed at adults with health conditions called health talk and there are some videos on the epilepsy a couple of sections about women and pregnancy which are worth having a look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment