Tuesday 29 January 2013

Going back to work ~ daunting!

9 months is looming near, actually very near... mid February but with annual leave which I haven't taken it's more like April I have to start.  If I'm honest I'm not really looking forward to it and keep putting off thinking about it.  But I really need to face up to it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, just I love being a Mum more. It's not that I haven't thought about it at all... I have a place at the nursery from April, my Mum is getting a cleaner to have her one day a week and then I'm hoping to work every other weekend.

But I need to have a meeting with my manager and HR to put it all inplace and check my holiday all fits in.  It was meant to happen last week but then it snowed and haven't got a new date.

I haven't even started to think about getting to and from work without being able to drive and fitting in with Riley's bedtimes.  Then there's the issue of milk feeds... Riley's still having 2-3 milk feeds during the day so going to need to get on formula but hoping she might take it out of a tippy cup so no sterilising... but I need to try that and push drinking as she doesn't seem to drink much.  Also don't know how we're going to get her up and at nursery by 7, Mum's offered to come and stay till she wakes up.  Just so much ligistics can't get my head round it all!

That's even before the emotional side of leaving her at nursery and the scaryness of starting work all over again and getting back into the swing of things :(

All in all very scary, but once I'm back I'm sure I'll love my job again just like I did before I went on maternity leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment