Friday 6 September 2013

Back to School and Busy Buses

I think I have been lulled into a false sense of security over the last few weeks.  Glorious sunshine and lots of picnics and no school kids flocking to the buses.  We can't say we haven't had a summer, it has been wonderful. It makes not driving not so much of a problem.

Today was a bit of a culture shock.  It was wet (although not that wet so was more like a little practice run for winter) but we can overcome that, waterproofs and walking boots are now out of the cupboard again!

But the biggest problem was the school kids, I had forgotton just how many there are squashing onto the buses on a wet day.  Today it was impossible to get onto the bus home so I walked the 30minutes into town by which time the buses were quiet in that lull between school time and communtor time!  But it keeps me fit and wasn't in any rush today.

I just need to plan my time better again, it's one of the major problems with not driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment