Thursday 12 September 2013

We're off to Devon :)

About this time 2 years ago we were off on a family holiday.  Things were very different then, I can't believe how much can change in 2 years.

I had just had a big tonic clonic seizure while at work and was feeling a bit down and our break away was just what I needed.  I was also pregnant although I didn't know it at that point, I was only a few weeks gone.  It means that this holiday represents almost 2 years free from major seizures (touch wood)... 6 months more and it'll be the longest time since I was diagnosed over 8 years ago now.

My Grandad was also with us on that holiday.  I have spoken about him a lot in this blog, he was such an important part of my life and our break away in Wales with him was one of the best weeks of my life.  I still miss him, I think about him every day, but as time goes on I can focus more on all the amazing memories I have and I cry less for the huge gap he left in our lives.  So this holiday is bitter sweet, it will be such a wonderful chance for us to be together as a family but at the same time Grandad was meant to be there too.  But he would not want us to be moping around so we'll be remembering all the good times :)

So I am very excited about this holiday, it'll be Rich, Riley and me with my Mum and Dad, Dan and Nikki and Lily dog.  A whole week together as a family exploring Devon :) will post some pics when we get back.


No comments:

Post a Comment