Sunday 19 May 2013

1 year on ~ I still miss him so much

It was a year yesterday that my Grandad died.  I can't believe a year has passed since that day.  It all happened so fast at the time, one minute he was here, the next he wasn't then Riley arrived.  I don't think I had time to get used to him not being around.  He was such a huge part of my life.  Everyday things remind me of my Grandad, slowly they are making me smile more than cry.  I have so many memories of him, I feel so lucky for that.


So yesterday we went and planted wild flowers around his tree.  I hope one day I'll be able to go there and just sit and talk to him, but at the moment I still can't quite do that yet.  When I see angel rays it reminds me he's still watching over me, so I'm getting there, bit by bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment