Friday 5 July 2013

New Job ~ First Week

I haven't written anything for a while.  The main reason is I started my new job this week and it has taken up most of my brain power!  My first week seems to have gone well, everyone in the team seems lovely and I think most of what I have been taught this week has sunk in.

I've basically started in the role of online community co-ordinator for the information section on the website of The Children's Trust where I have worked as a rehab care assistant for the last 4 years.

It's a big change, first off because it's non clinical, I've never done an office job before so it's a bit strange sitting at a desk, hope I don't get fat!  But the biggest change is it's something that before I did this blog I knew nothing about, and this blog only scratches the surface.

But it is very exciting, the brain injury hub is great and I think what it provides is a great service to parents and families of young people with epilepsy.  They need the support of each other as they travel on their journeys full of highs and lows.  I am really looking forward to getting stuck into it, so watch this space.

(Also it has prompted me to link this to my twitter, now I know a bit more about twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment