Monday 15 July 2013

Our new addition to the family!

Our new horse... we are very very lucky to have been given a wonderful horse by a friend.  After losing Mac who we loved so much and who we had for 14 years we never thought we'd find something that would look after us half as well.  Riding has been a huge part of my life since I can remember, my family have always run a livery yard so I have just grown up around horses.  My epilepsy could have stopped me from that, but I never wanted to let it stop me doing things, so safety stirrups on (and a body protector to begin with ~ but after a while it became way too hot in the summer...) I continued :) I always felt Mac looked out for me and I just felt safe on him, in a way he was my best friend.  When we lost him so suddenly I was heart broken.

While Mojo (or Bear, we haven't quite set on a name, he was Mowgli but we already have a Mowgli in the yard...) will never be Mac, he is lovely and settling in to be part of the family.  Let's hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment