Tuesday 16 April 2013

Back to Work ~ Perceptions Change

Well I'm back to work and I don't know whether I have ever really said what I do... I work in a rehabilitation unit for children and young people who have had a brain injury.  They can be any age from 0-18 and can have suffered any injury to any extent.  So it is a very varied job.

Going back to work as a parent has made me look at the children and their families from a slightly different angle.  I didn't think it would make a difference but I feel it somehow does.  I think I put myself into their situations a bit more, don't get me wrong I can't begin to imagine what the families are going through.  But I can't help thinking what if that was Riley?  How would we cope?  I don't think it makes the job any harder and I still really enjoy work, I think it just adds a different dimension to situations.

I have always been so inspired by the children and families I work with, they have such huge challenges to face and they work so hard, I don't know how they do it, but I hope we help to support them as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment