Tuesday 16 April 2013

Cutting Out Night Feeds

We are cutting out Riley's night time feed... it was getting to the point where I was feeding her every 3-4 hours at night, we figure she is old enough to go longer than that and sometimes she does on her own accord so we figured we should make it more consistant especially with me going back to work, if I stand any chance of still breastfeeding it needs to be a bit more consistant.

So the plan is she has dinner between 5.30 and 6ish, then a feed at 7 before her bedtime routine.  I then wake her up (or she quite often wakes up of her own accord) at 10.30 - 11pm when we go to bed to give her a feed.  Then she doesn't have another feed until 6ish when we wake her for me to go to work if I am on an early or whenever she wakes herself if I don't have to go to work...

Well Saturday and Sunday night she did this herself, she didn't wake at all but last night she woke up at 2.30am, we did controlled crying and she didn't really scream, she just kept stirring and having sort of 10 minutes of crying then going quite until about 4.30am when she fell asleep until 8am... but she wasn't ravenously hungry then, we had a little play and then went down for breakfast... so it was sort of successful, think we just need to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment