Tuesday 26 February 2013

Kids Farms - how they should be...

I'm going to reminice here about "when I was young" but been looking back at our France photos and smiling at the pictures of Riley with the animals - recon she's going to be a vet!

In France we went to a zoo and they had a kids farm there.  You could go in with the animals and stroke them if they got close enough.  There were no signs saying wash your hands all over the place.  It reminded me of what kids farms were like when I was a kid, and all my friends and me survived the experience.

Now in England you can't get anywhere near an animal without a staff member to remind you to wash your hands, there are more signs about washing your hands than about the animals themselves and to feed them you have to put the food down a tube or onto a wind along contraption!  How sad is that and all because people are so terrified of e-coli, which lives everywhere... it is very sad when kids get very sick and even die from it but they are definately a tiny tiny number... is it really fair to take an experience away from a child because of that.

I will leave you with some photos of Riley with the animals, I think she enjoyed it enough to justify the risk...







No comments:

Post a Comment